Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 2, 2012

Chocolate 'N' Oat Bars



I needed chocolate....so I started hunting online...I found this recipe. It's easy, quick, and has ingredients you may already have in your cupboard!

1 cup large flake oats

1 cup flour

3/4 cup brown sugar

Add 1/2 cup softened margarine or butter

Mix together

Take out 1/2 cup and reserve

Press the remaining into a 9X13 pan(ungreased) and bake at 325 if using glass, 350 for a metal pan, for 10 minutes.

Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over base.

Add one cup of nuts, I used sliced almonds.

Spread evenly over sweetened condensed milk.

Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips over nuts.

Sprinkle reserved oats mixture over top.

Bake for 25 minutes more. Cool. Good luck with that!
There were family members begging to cut it immediately!

My family's comments were...."This is the best ever....this is so good mom...can I have another piece??"

No comments: