Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Boston Cream Muffins

IMG_7736
I am still spending way to much time on Pinterest! Here's the latest thing I found!
They are so easy and I will include all the shortcuts and longcuts, so you decide!
Boston Cream Muffins
Make a Vanilla Cake Mix. You can use a box and follow the directions, pouring it into muffin tins when you are done.The original recipe calls for mini muffin tins, I don't have those, so I used regular size. Or, you can make this scratch cake.
White Cake
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
Mix
1/2 cup oil
3 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
Combine wet and dry. Pour into 12 greased(or papered) muffin tins. Bake 350 15-20 minutes.
Let the muffins cool completely. I set them outside for a few minutes.
Cut the muffins in half. For the pudding you can use a package or even a couple of containers of the premade. The recipe calls for 1 cup of pudding, 1 tsp per muffin, we just added what looked tasty. Pudding running out the sides is okay with us. If you want to make your pudding from scratch I found this premade mix recipe here. (I didn't have vanilla beans, so I just added vanilla to the pot.)One note if you do make your pudding from scratch, allow several hours for it to cool.
The Chocolate Sauce is very easy too.
Sauce
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup whipping cream
Place in microwave for 30-60 secs until chocolate chips have melted. Mix. Pour over muffins. Put them in the fridge to harden.
My daughter and I made them together right before supper. She asked if we could hurry up and get supper over with so we could get down to dessert! :)
There are a few in my fridge and I am wondering...what time is an decent time to start eating them?

No comments: