Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bread Machine Multi Grain Loaf

I LOVE whole grain bread! This recipe is for the bread maker and goes wonderfully with soup, especially hamburger soup. It would also go good with stews. I have had LOTS of bread makers. My first one was a gift from my husband's parents. It conked out before the one year warranty was up, so it was replaced(warranty) with another one. Not long later, that one packed it in and they gave(warranty) me another. Each time they gave me a new model as the old one was already discontinued! I have come to the conclusion that they aren't made for heavy use! Fortunately they are a dime a dozen at garage sales and on online classified sites. The one I have right now is quite small. The loaves are almost like little boxes. It's lovely to be able to come home to freshly baked bread cooking smells! 



Put the ingredients in the order they are listed into the bread pan. Why the highlighting you ask?
If you want to premake an extra loaf's ingredients, just slip all the non highlighted ingredients into a
ziploc bag and mark it Multi Grain Bread. When you are ready to make it add the liquids first, pour in your bagged ingredients and then put the yeast on top!

Doesn't it look pretty???

I would have liked to take a picture of the loaf, but we had company. My husband thinks I'm strange photographing everything as it is...don't need to scare away potential new friends!

There were a few of these small squares left and I toasted them the next day...all I can say is
mmmmmmmmm.....Don't you want to make some???

3 comments:

Ruth Barnes said...

You have inspired my daughter to the point where we may need an intervention! LOL I love your blog, your positive attitude and recipes! I hope to make something soon!
I would like to nominate you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
for info and details go to: http://itsjustaboutthehair.wordpress.com/2012/03/28/inspirational-blogger-award-thank-you/
That's my daughter with all the coupons, holding up the line with the baby ... LOL

Sue said...

Thanks Ruth! I am so excited to have inspired someone! Especially one of your wonderful girls! I will read the info on the Blogger Award. Thank you so much for nominating me!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.