Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 26, 2012

Twice Baked Potatoes

We love twice baked potatoes! They are super easy and can be made ahead of time and frozen.

First bake your potatoes. I just put them in my toaster oven at 450 for about an hour.

Cut them in half. Careful they are hot. :)

Scoop out the potato and put it into a bowl.

I have to tell you a funny story... I first made these after we had had them at a nice dinner out.
(I have mentioned before that I didn't have a lot of kitchen smarts.) I used to cut holes in the top of the potato and then I tried
to scoop out the potato through this tiny whole!
One day a girl friend was over teaching me to make meat loaf, and I decided to make these then too. When I started to cut my oval whole in the top of the potato she asked what I was doing. When I explained I needed to get the potato out she was kind enough to not giggle. She suggested I cut them in half, and I think of her every time I make these. Thanks Marlene!

You can grate some cheese to add to your potatoes.

I also add some butter and some sour cream.
You can add cream cheese, chives, whatever you think you would like in your potatoes!


Just spoon the potato mixture back into the skins. (You can stop here and put them right into the freezer if you want and then bake later.)
Bake them again for about a half an hour or just until they are nicely browned.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.