Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

3 Cheese and Broccoli Lasagna

blog 048
Years ago I found a recipe for 3 cheese pasta pinwheels. I think it was in a Kraft magazine. We love it. I had all the ingredients on hand, but didn't really feel like doing the work that was involved in the original recipe. So, I wondered if I could skip the work of precooking the noodles and filling it with the filling and then cutting them in half and adding sauce and cheese. So, I did my own little cooking experiment, and it worked out great. 3 cheese and broccoli lasagna was born! We won't call it vegetarian as some people in my family(won't mention any names) get scared when meat is missing! The ingredients are shown above. The assembly, I did as follows.
Your favorite sauce on the bottom of the pan, maybe a 1/3 a jar? Then I layered some lasagna noodles(I love oven ready!). Next I added one egg and some salt and pepper to the container of cottage cheese. I layered the whole container of the cottage cheese mixture on the next layer and topped it with broccoli.  Next another layer of noodles topped with the rest of the sauce and mozzarella cheese.
blog 049
Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 35-40  minutes. Remove foil and let bake for  5-10 minutes more until nicely browned.
blog 053
Let sit for 5 minutes.....enjoy!
    

1 comment:

Areeba Khan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.